Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Creation of Healing

My sister said something to me recently that spurred an idea in my head. She and her friends get together on one night a month to do scrap booking, because when else do a bunch of mothers have time to do such a thing? It put me in mind to set a similar schedule for my essential oil studies. From now on, my first order of Erev Shabbat is oil studies.

*For those who think I may be trespassing on fault of doing something not worshipful, I dare you to read the rest of this note and still think the same.



I'll warn you that my brain is very detail oriented and I like to explain things thoroughly. These notes may be too wordy for some of you. That is fine, I am not offended. Please know, though, that there IS really very good information in here.



NOTICE: ANY RECOMMENDATIONS MADE FOR USING ESSENTIAL OILS REFER ONLY TO YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS. I'M NOT FAMILIAR ENOUGH WITH ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT CLAIMS TO PRODUCE THERAPEUTIC GRADE OILS TO TRUST THEIR WORD FOR IT. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT EAT ANY NON-YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS EVER, UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE NO CHEMICALS. ALSO, DO NOT APPLY ANY TO YOUR SKIN WITHOUT VEGETABLE OR MASSAGE OILS INCLUDED, IF THEY ARE NOT YOUNG LIVING OILS.



I've been studying essential oils for nearly 3 years now, but I've become rusty in my break over the last several months. It has occurred to me repeatedly and my mother confirmed for me recently that this is my calling. I will strive for no license. I will not apply for any certificate of any kind. I will simply learn what I can in preparation for a time when God's people will not be able to call a doctor. I believe I will be strategically placed according to His purpose. Therefore, I must be prepared to fulfill His duties. I do not believe we'll be raptured up to Heaven at Messiah's second coming. For those who disagree, I'll be glad if you're right. If you're wrong, I'll be here helping you through whatever I can.



The book I decided to thoroughly read first is "The Chemistry of Essential Oils" by Dr. David Stewart. I say thoroughly because I've got several books which I've read a little of and never completely finished. One of the goals of this study schedule is to eliminate that list. Anyone who is interested may follow my studies here. I have tagged you all this time, but I won't tag you anymore so I'm not a pest. I'm not one who feels the need to be heard. I only wish for those who have ears to hear to hear. The greatest purpose for me even typing these notes up is to cement it in my own mind.



A few Scripture references were listed in the beginning of the book: Job 12:8, Psalm 19:1,3-4, Rom 1:20, Gen 1:3-4, 1 Thess 5:17-18, 21, and Gen 1:29,31. I believe if you look them up, you'll see that the perspective I'm coming at this study with is God first, science second.



The main intent of this book is to help me see God's hand in the creation of the molecules of essential oils. I believe this establishes a foundation which rips apart some believers' arguments that oils are a new-age thing.



Science was originally conjoined with religion. This is easy to research, as some scientists were executed by religious organizations for contradicting doctrines with their scientific findings. In order to save scientists' lives, decisions were made to separate science from religion. Because these two paths are searches for the Truth, man's separation of them has produced much spiritual death. We have scientists and doctors now ignoring the presence of Almighty God, and believers who are afraid to use herbs for healing. Science is now thought to be devoid of the spiritual; when in reality, there is no science at all without the Creator.



The portals through which oils may be absorbed are the lungs, the skin, the digestive tract, and the orifices. The digestive tract refers to oils being swallowed and carried through the digestive process. Lungs and skin are pretty self-explanatory. Orifices refers to the anus, the vagina, and the mouth holding oils rather than swallowing them. The ears are not considered orifices for the purposes of essential oils. The direct path to the brain is a sensitive one, not to be fiddled with in this manner.



There are 3 main schools of thought on how aromatherapy should be conducted. For those of you who have a problem with the word aromatherapy, here is a little etymology of sorts: aroma refers to smelling. Tony Roma's sound familiar? How about poetry where the word aroma is used rather than the very unromantic word smell, or scent, or odor. Therapy comes from a Greek word which is used many times in the New Testament referring to Messiah's healings. There is nothing new-age about the word aromatherapy. It's simply a word which refers to getting better from being sick through the nose, rather than swallowing pills.



The three schools of thought are German, British, and French. The Germans are very big on inhaling the oils. The molecules of essential oils are so infinitesimally small that they go almost directly into your blood stream as soon as you breath them in. This allows them to travel through your body at an extremely high rate of speed. Through this ability, any essential oil will have touched every single cell of your over-3-trillion-cell-body in 20 minutes or less every time. Inhalation is the Germans' favorite method.



The British are very skittish about essential oils. Forgive me for seeming so opinionated, but it is the only conclusion I have been able to come to, based on reading books from their perspective. According to the British, NO oils are allowed to be used without a carrier oil with one or two exceptions. Many, many very beneficial oils and highly antibiotic oils are strictly forbidden from use at all by many in the British school of thought. In my opinion, this is very unfortunate and ignorant, because these rules are based on a lot of faulty research. Most if not all of their studies are based on non-therapeutic grade oils. Oils like these can be non-organic, may and often do contain harsh chemicals, and are rarely extracted from plants in the proper manner. Basically these studies bring about as much good as wine studies done on grape juice would bring. The Britishers' favorite method of aromatherapy is massage with high dilutions of massage oils. I believe the lack of knowledge they have causes fear and is prohibitive to healing thoroughly. As the Scriptures state, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."



The French school of thought is the one that I've been directed to adhere the most closely to, and because the British school of thought -to me- seems prohibitive of faith in God creating things to work properly, I have chosen to obey that directive. The French eat oils most, but also use the other portals in applying essential oils, including inhalation through the nose like the Germans do. They like to apply oils neat (which means without vegetable or massage oils included) on the skin, and rarely on occasion will actually inject oils into cancerous sites. The French base their methods on the belief that healing is not only physical, but emotion and spiritual as well. I personally have found support for this belief in Scripture.



It is extremely important that we use truly therapeutic grade oils in anointing for healing. It is pricier this way, kinda like Costco. Costco is way cheap per item, but you gotta buy it in bulk. So, you pay a higher price now to save in the long run. Oils run on a similar principle. Yes, it's what some (a lot) would call expensive. But though you may not see it now, it's a lot cheaper than paying for side effects 20 years from now.



Pharmacobiotechnology is the method of genetically manipulating plants and bacteria with human genes to produce medicine. Yes, human genes. When we take some of the medicines out on the market right now, we're eating human genes. That may not bother some of you, but it sounds very cannibal-ish to me. EW! Using this method, insulin has been produced from mushrooms and a strain of E. coli. Cortisone and Prednisone from soybeans and yams.



I think I'm going to see if I can check out "The Merck Index" by Susan Budavari, and "Advanced Aromatherapy" and "Medical Aromatherapy" by Kurt Schnaubelt in the library maybe. Those were books recommended in this one.



This is all I covered tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment